Create and perform music in a rock band in weekly, hour-long meetings. Learn to play your favorite songs and be part of a band!
When: 12 Saturdays in the fall and spring semesters.
Tuition: $200 per semester. Need-based tuition assistance is available to families that qualify.
- Students must have a diagnosed disability.
- No previous musical experience is necessary.
- More advanced opportunities will be available for students with experience.
- Students must own an instrument to practice with at home.
- Rock band instruments can include voice, guitar, piano, keyboard, bass, drums, percussion, violin, flute, saxophone, trumpet, or trombone.
- Students must be able to participate effectively in lessons or classes, and maintain an environment that is safe for themselves and others.
This program will be offered in a hybrid format for the fall 2021 semester. Students ages 12 and up who are fully vaccinated may participate in the Rock Band Ensemble on campus. Students who wish to participate remotely may do so over Zoom.
The following policies and procedures must be followed for students who participate in person:
- Students must be age 12 and older at the start of the semester.
- Students must be fully vaccinated at the start of the semester in order to participate in programs in person during that semester.
- Proof of vaccination (a scan or photo of the vaccination card) must be on file at the Institute for Arts Education and Special Needs 72 hours before the semester begins—by 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 29.
- Note that we cannot accept proof of vaccination at the door.
- Only one person is allowed in the building with the student. That person must be fully vaccinated, and proof of vaccination (a scan or photo of the vaccination card) must be on file at the institute 72 hours before the semester begins—by 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 29.
- All individuals must be masked at all times when in the buildings.
- There will be no waiting in lobbies between sessions; waiting must be done outside the building.