Create and perform music using iPad apps in weekly, hour-long meetings. Use cutting-edge technology to make music with others.
iPads are provided for student use during class sessions.
When: 12 Saturdays in the fall and spring semesters.
Tuition: $200 per semester. Need-based tuition assistance is available to families that qualify.
- Students must have a diagnosed disability.
- No previous musical experience is necessary.
- More advanced musical opportunities will be available for students with experience.
- Students must be able to participate effectively in lessons or classes, and maintain an environment that is safe for themselves and others.
COVID-19 Policy for On-Campus Instruction
The iPad Ensemble will only be offered in an in-person format for the spring 2022 semester. For this semester, students ages 12 and up who are fully vaccinated may participate in the iPad Ensemble on campus.
The following policies and procedures must be followed by all students:
- Students must be ages 12 and older at the start of the semester.
- Students must be fully vaccinated at the start of the semester in order to participate in programs in person during that semester.
- Proof of vaccination (a scan or photo of the vaccination card) must be on file at the Institute for Arts Education and Special Needs 72 hours before the semester begins—by 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 26. Note that we cannot accept proof of vaccination at the door.
- Only one person other than the student is allowed in the building with the student. That person must be fully vaccinated, and proof of vaccination (a scan or photo of the vaccination card) must be on file at the institute 72 hours before the semester begins—by 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 26.
- All individuals must be masked at all times when in the buildings. Please note that we are no longer able to accept cloth masks, bandanas, gaiters, scarves, or other non-medical mask alternatives. Acceptable mask types for on-campus activities are now limited to the following, all of which are readily available online: N95, KN95, KF94, a three-ply surgical mask, or a surgical mask doubled with a cloth mask. Vocalists and wind and brass instrumentalists must use specialized masks. Wind and brass instrumentalists must also have and use bell covers.
- There will be no waiting in lobbies between sessions. If you must wait, you must do so outside the building.