Learn to play a musical instrument in weekly, hour-long individual lessons. Instruction is available in all musical instruments, including voice, as well as in composition, arranging, and music theory.
|Private Music Lessons Program (information below)||All instruction takes place at our Boston campus.|
|ConnectABLE Private Music Lessons Program||All instruction takes place via video conference.|
Ages: 9–adult for 60-minute lessons; 6–8 for 30-minute lessons.
When: 12 Saturdays in the fall and spring semesters; six Saturdays in the summer session.
Tuition: 60-minute lessons: $1,000 per 12-week semester; $500 per six-week semester. 30-minute lessons: $500 per 12-week semester; $250 per six-week semester. Need-based tuition assistance is available to families that qualify.
- Students must have a diagnosed disability.
- No previous musical experience is necessary.
- More advanced musical opportunities will be available for students with experience.
- Students must have an instrument at home for practicing between lessons.
- Students must be able to participate effectively in lessons or classes, and maintain an environment that is safe for themselves and others.
COVID-19 Policy for On-Campus Instruction
For the spring 2022 semester, students ages 12 and up who are fully vaccinated may participate in this program in person on campus if their instructor is teaching in person.
The following policies and procedures must be followed for students who participate in person:
- Students must be ages 12 and older at the start of the semester.
- Students must be fully vaccinated at the start of the semester in order to participate in programs in person during that semester.
- Proof of vaccination (a scan or photo of the vaccination card) must be on file at the Institute for Arts Education and Special Needs 72 hours before the semester begins—by 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 26. Note that we cannot accept proof of vaccination at the door.
- Only one person is allowed in the building with the student. That person must be fully vaccinated, and proof of vaccination (a scan or photo of the vaccination card) must be on file at the institute 72 hours before the semester begins—by 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, January 26.
- All individuals must be masked at all times when in the buildings. Please note that we are no longer able to accept cloth masks, bandanas, gaiters, scarves, or other non-medical mask alternatives. Acceptable mask types for on-campus activities are now limited to the following, all of which are readily available online: N95, KN95, KF94, a three-ply surgical mask, or a surgical mask doubled with a cloth mask. Vocalists and wind and brass instrumentalists must use specialized masks. Wind and brass instrumentalists must also have and use bell covers.
- There will be no waiting in lobbies between sessions; waiting must done outside the building.