As part of our ongoing effort to provide equitable access to arts education opportunities, ConnectABLE is the permanent virtual arm of BIAESN's arts education programs.
The ConnectABLE Private Music Lessons program is the ideal option for students who:
- are interested in our private lessons, but unable to come to our campus in Boston for in-person lessons; and
- prefer the convenience of learning from home.
Learn to play a musical instrument in weekly, hour-long individual lessons. Instruction is available in all musical instruments, including voice, as well as in composition, arranging, and music theory. All instruction takes place via video conference.
Ages: 9–adult for 60-minute lessons; 6–8 for 30-minute lessons.
When: 12 Saturdays in the fall and spring semesters; six Saturdays in the summer session.
Tuition: 60-minute lessons: $1,000 per 12-week semester; $500 per six-week semester. 30-minute lessons: $500 per 12-week semester; $250 per six-week semester. Need-based tuition assistance is available to families that qualify.
- Students must have a diagnosed disability.
- No previous musical experience is necessary.
- More advanced musical opportunities will be available for students with experience.
- Students must have an instrument at home for practicing between lessons.
- Students must have access to an electronic device with a webcam and microphone.
- Students must be able to participate effectively in lessons or classes, and maintain an environment that is safe for themselves and others.
Dr. Rhoda Bernard and BIAESN instructors discuss their experiences with remote teaching and the creation of ConnectABLE: