Minors and Specializations

As an enrolled undergraduate student, you can complete a minor or specialization in addition to your declared major.

Minors consist of 10–12 credits and are meant to provide you with the opportunity to gain a breadth and depth of understanding in a focused area of study, outside of your declared major.

Specializations are also 10–12 credits and provide a high-level focus on an area within or directly related to your major, and are open only to students within particular majors. 

Minors Open to College and Conservatory Students

Minors Open to College Students Only

Any College Major


Contemporary Writing and Production (CWP), Electronic Production and Design (EPD), Songwriting, and Film Scoring Majors Only

CWP, EPD, and Film Scoring Majors Only

Music Production and Engineering (MPE) Majors Only

Electronic Production and Design (EPD) Majors Only

Get More Information

By requesting information from Berklee, you will receive emails about our educational programs, student resources, facilities, and more based on your selections.