Transcripts and Other Supporting Materials

Our audition and interview process provides us with a wealth of information to assess each applicant's musical aptitude and ability to succeed at Berklee, but we do require some documents, such as transcripts, before an admissions decision can be made.

  • International Students: If you attended high school or college outside the U.S. or Canada, please do not submit your transcript directly to Berklee. Instead, you need to have your transcript evaluated by a credential agency. Any applicant who is enrolled in or has graduated from an international baccalaureate (IB) diploma school with an IB diploma is exempt from submitting documents through a credential evaluator.   

How to Submit Your Transcripts

Berklee requires submission of official transcripts in order to complete your application for admission. Please check with your high school and/or college or university to confirm how they prefer to send your transcripts.

Note for reapplying students: Our office does not maintain records for students who did not enroll. If you are reapplying to Berklee College of Music, you are required to resubmit your transcripts. 

Note for current Berklee students: You are required to submit your transcripts if you are a current student at Berklee (Berklee College of Music, Berklee Online, Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Berklee Valencia, or Berklee NYC) and are applying for a new program. Please contact the Office of the Registrar with questions on how to have your transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions for review.

Digital Submission (Preferred Method)

Many schools utilize digital transcript delivery services to send official transcripts to our office. Examples of common services include, but are not limited to:

When using a digital transcript delivery service, you will be prompted to select a recipient institution to receive your transcripts. Look for us listed as “Berklee,” “Berklee College,” or “Berklee College of Music.”

Via Email (Preferred Method)

For documents that you are unable to submit via a digital transcript delivery serviceyour high school or other institution should email documents to , but note that we only accept documents sent via email if provided directly by the issuing institution.

Via Mail (Discouraged at This Time)

For documents that you are unable to submit via digital delivery service or email, your high school or other institution should mail documents to:

              Berklee College of Music
              Office of Admissions
              MS-921 ADM
              1140 Boylston Street
              Boston, Massachusetts 02215

If you choose to mail your transcript and other supporting documents yourself, please do so by registered mail so your documents can be tracked.

Please make copies of all documents for your records, and, whenever possible, mail all supporting documents together in one envelope.

All transcripts and supporting materials must be postmarked on or before the posted deadline date.

Please note that while the Admissions staff has returned to the office, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect mail delivery in the United States. While we are able to receive paper mail, please anticipate a two- or three-week delay in processing any materials received via paper mail, and plan accordingly for all deadlines. 

Other documents, such as letters of recommendation, résumés, and creative works, are not required, but you are welcome to upload them to your application form before you submit.

Note: Berklee College of Music is test-blind and does not require SAT or ACT scores for admission.

First-Time College Applicants

  • Your high school must submit official, up-to-date academic transcripts or General Educational Development (GED) scores.
  • If you are completing dual-enrollment credits at a college or university, you will need to submit official transcripts from your college or university in order to be evaluated for transfer credit. Please review the information under “Transfer Students” below.
  • All documents must be submitted in English.

Transfer Students

  • High school transcripts are not required if you have earned more than 24 credits of college-level academic course work.
  • Your college/university must send Berklee your official transcripts (including all completed college/university-level work).
  • You must also mail Berklee a copy of your high school diploma as evidence of graduation.
  • Transfer credit may be awarded for most liberal arts courses (with grades of at least a C or 2.0) from an accredited institution.
  • All documents must be submitted in English.

International Applicants from Outside the U.S. and Canada

Homeschooled Applicants

There are important and explicit regulations governing acceptable documentation. Berklee College of Music requires a portfolio of the following items:

  • A full outline of the curriculum by subject, including examples of work and textbooks used for each course
  • Assessment procedures and grades
  • Evidence of official recognition by the school district and/or state department of education, or the GED

If you are mailing your application materials, please do so by registered mail so your documents can be tracked if necessary.

Please make copies of all documents for your records and, whenever possible, mail all supporting documents together in one envelope.

We can only accept documents sent electronically if provided directly by the issuing institution.