- Applying to the EPD Major
- Connect 2022 EDI Summit
- Visiting Artists
- Student Resources
David Cardona is a Grammy-nominated composer, engineer, sound designer, developer, and entrepreneur. He is a Berklee graduate (EPD and CWP) and is currently completing a digital media design master’s degree at Harvard Extension School. Cardona also mixes and produces music under the name Sound Architect, and releases his own electronic music under the moniker 28 Lines.
Cardona is interested in interactivity and immersive media, as well as all-things-technology. He’s currently focused on accessibility and he is developing controllers and interfaces that enable people with disabilities to express themselves creatively. He is pushing this initiative through the startup Adaptive Art Technologies, which is currently incubated at Harvard Innovation Labs. You can talk to him about music, audio, sound design, graphics pipelines, game engines, generative music, visual art, and AI.
- Pro Tools certified user
- Engineer for Grammy-nominated album Deran by Bombino
- Presented Adaptive Art Technologies: Enabling Creative Expression at the SIGGRAPH 2022 conference, highlighting his work and his approach for creating controllers and instruments that adapt to the performer’s capabilities
- Grammy nomination, Best World Music Album category for Deran by Bombino, engineer, 2019
- Earned Harvard Innovation Labs’ Spark Grant for startup, Adaptive Art Technologies, 2022
- B.M., Berklee College of Music, electronic production and design, contemporary writing and production
- Graduate Certificate, Harvard Extension School, programming