How to Enroll
- Submit your registration.* Begin by submitting your registration online. If applicable, you may need to submit additional supporting materials.
- Make your tuition payment by May 1.* All programs have limited capacity, so be sure to complete your full tuition payment to reserve your space in the program.
- Request housing. If you will be age 15 or older by the start of your program and require on-campus accommodations, complete the Residence Hall Contract in the Next Steps tab of your registration portal .
*Please note: This program has limited capacity. Submission of registration materials alone does not guarantee participation in the program. You will secure your spot by paying in full. When the program capacity has been reached, registrants who have not paid in full will be placed on a waitlist.
Using case studies, you will follow a DIY musician's career journey from emerging artist to established professional.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe foundational music industry terminology, as well as key industry players and their roles.
- List and describe the primary sources of income available to developing artists, as well as identify potential new sources.
- Evaluate a developing artist’s brand and online presence and provide constructive feedback.
- Apply best practices on social media to maximize engagement and fanbase development.
- Create engaging content (focus on short-form video) for TikTok and Instagram.
- Develop the basic framework for a music marketing campaign.
Experience exclusive access to visiting artists who are shaping the industry. In 2022, students engaged with rising Love Renaissance artists, North Ave Jax and Eli Derby. These guest artists shared their creative processes, career goals, and industry insights, while guiding students in developing actionable marketing strategies. The program culminated in a unique opportunity for students to pitch their ideas to Love Renaissance executives and artists.
During the program, you will attend subject-matter seminars and participate in hands-on workshops that will allow you to practice the concepts learned in class. You will attend panel discussions and interviews with industry experts from all over the world and from various areas within the music business. In addition, you will have numerous opportunities to ask questions and network with other students. There will be a variety of field trips and evening activities designed to enhance the student experience and allow for maximum collaboration.
We are looking for ambitious young artists, managers, influencers, and entrepreneurs ages 15 to 20 from all parts of the globe who are ready to learn how to make a living in the music business. If you love being creative, are naturally curious and a great listener, work well with diverse groups of people (or want to learn how to do that), and can’t wait to learn how to take your career—or the careers of others—to the next level, then this is the program for you.
You must be fluent in English but do not have to be a performer or an artist. In addition to Berklee faculty, you'll work closely with creators, entrepreneurs, and other leading experts and educators in the music industry.
Assistant Chair, Music Busness/Management
Once you're enrolled visit our Next Steps for Enrolled Students to make sure you have everything you need for your program.
Check Your Email for Important Information
- You should continue to check the email that you used to enroll in the program for important information.
- You will receive a detailed check-in email with information regarding your assigned arrival location, housing assignment, and a link to view your program schedule one to two weeks prior to the start date of your program.
- When you arrive on campus, you will receive additional program information to guide you through your program.
What to Pack
- A laptop
- A notebook and pencil
- A smartphone or video camera
- If you are staying on campus, you can reference this packing list with any additional items you’ll need while attending your program.