- Applying to the EPD Major
- Connect 2022 EDI Summit
- Visiting Artists
- Student Resources
A believer in sonic experimentation, Jimmy Lim has built a career as a performer, music director, audio engineer, and electronic composer.
Jimmy began his music career as a touring background vocalist in 2015, and in 2016 his 12-part vocal arrangements for an all-female choir won gold at an international choir festival. A two-time Berklee World Tour Scholarship recipient, Jimmy's career has evolved since then to encompass a diverse array of wholistic experiences in the music industry: from music festival performances, engineering sessions, and post-production work to music composing for motion picture film (see website for more details).
Most recently, Jimmy's solo independent artist project, J LYM, which started in 2021, has brought him to venues across the Northeast. The latest of such performances being at the 46th Asian American International Film Festival at the Museum of Moving Image.
- Performed at: Java Jazz Festival, MIT Festival Jazz Ensemble, WERS 88.9FM, Berklee Performance Center, NEC’s Jordan Hall, Agganis Stadium, Stonehill College, Inside Power Station Berklee NYC, Museum of Moving Image, and more
- 12 years of music teaching, age range from 7 to 65
- 10+ editorial playlist placements on various digital service providers
- Music directing at multiple LGBQTIA+ churches
- Berklee World Tour Scholarship (twice)
- Berklee Writing & Composition Scholarship
"Do, try, experiment!"