Launched through a grant from the Barr Foundation, the Berklee Music and Health Institute explores the intersections of music, medicine, and health, and partners with experts in academia, science, business, technology, and the music industry to:
- advance professional opportunities, collaborations, innovation, and education in the music and health space.
- address and promote essential issues related to the health and wellbeing of musicians.
- promote the use of music to address the cognitive, social, and emotional goals of individuals and groups in health care settings, including musicians and nonmusicians alike.
- facilitate conversations and convene experts in the field to explore new ways of informing and supporting musicians, educators, students, technology developers, the medical community, and the general public.
- spark creativity and generate the creation of new ideas and resources.