Berklee India Exchange (BIX) offers a variety of educational offerings to the general public, both online as well as on-ground. Through our workshops, clinics and master classes, the world's preeminent institute of contemporary music offers the opportunity to experience Berklee-style classes closer to home. It's a great way to help determine if additional music education at Berklee may be the right path for you, or simply help you grow in your musicianship.
The Explore Series webinars offer short-term courses to the general public on specific subjects that allow you to engage with themes ranging from konnakol (Indian rhythmic solfege; the art of performing percussion syllables vocally in South Indian Carnatic music) to music theory basics, and more advanced arranging concepts.
- Explore: Konnakol: Receive a comprehensive introduction to konnakol with legendary mridangam and konnakol maestro B.C. Manjunath.
- Explore: Konnakol 101: Learn and practice the basics of konnakol in a three-part webinar series. Sign up for each webinar separately to watch the replays.
If you have requests or ideas for other topics you'd like to see, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to popular demand, our sold-out Explore: Konnakol webinar is being made available for our global community of musicians. With a minimum amount of $10, you can access the recording of the webinar with mridangam and konnakol maestro B.C. Manjunath. Study materials and a link to the recording will be sent to you within a week of signing up.
Global Music Institute (GMI): Berklee Track
GMI shares a longstanding association with Berklee College of Music and a global vision for music and arts education. The GMI-Berklee track is a great opportunity for aspiring musicians as it enables them to begin their music education at GMI in India and complete an undergraduate degree at Berklee. Once accepted at Berklee, students can then transfer the credits for agreed-upon courses completed at GMI.
The Singer's Toolbox with Annette Philip is a live online master class series open to singers from around the world. This ongoing series allows students to delve deeply into various aspects of their artistry from interpretation, stage presence, improvisation, and studio etiquette to vocal and mental health.
Berklee Tandon Global Clinics 2015–2018
These clinics were made possible by the generosity of Chandrika Tandon, an avid supporter of music and education, Grammy-nominated artist, and member of Berklee's President's Advisory Council.
- BIX Bootcamp: Vocal Intensive Five-Day Workshop: Delhi (2018)
- BIX Vocal Forum: One-Day Workshop: Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Pune (2018)
- Music Therapy for Neurologists: Mumbai (2018)
- Writing for Advertisements: Valencia, Spain (2017)
- Indian Music in a Global Setting: Valencia, Spain (2017)
- Progressive Rock for the Rhythm Section Player: Mumbai (2017)
- Progressive Rock for the Rhythm Section Player: Bengaluru (2017)
- Music Production and Technology for the Singer-Songwriter: Bengaluru (2016)
- Music Production and Technology for the Singer-Songwriter: Chennai (2016)
- The Ensemble Musician Toolkit: Delhi (2015)
- The Ensemble Musician Toolkit: Mumbai (2015)