New Delhi, India
August 22–26, 2018
Applications are now closed for this program.
The Berklee Tandon Global Clinics offer you the opportunity to experience Berklee-style classes closer to home. This year, through the Berklee India Exchange (BIX) Bootcamp: Vocal Intensive series, we are offering a five-day clinic with an in-depth focus on vocal technique, performance, stage presence, and improvisation. You will gain fuller awareness of your voice as an instrument as well as discover tools to help you get to the next level of mastery in your skill, approach, and mindset towards music.
What is the program like?
The BIX Bootcamp: Vocal Intensive is a five-day clinic focused on various aspects of vocal technique, presentation, and artistry. The clinics will cover the following topics, among others:
- Musicianship foundations
- Vocal anatomy
- Vocal technique, including warm-ups and warm-downs
- Lyric interpretation
- Groove, phrasing, and body percussion
- Stage presence for the soloist and choir
- The art of storytelling and improvisation through circle singing
- Panel discussions on music as a career
- Performances on stage with the Berklee clinicians at a concert
- Opportunities for private vocal lessons and artist consultations (time permitting)
A certificate of completion will be presented to all participants.
When and how do I apply?
Applications are now closed for this program.
Please note: Application processing takes at least one week. Be sure to apply well in advance so as not to miss the following application deadlines:
- Apply by June 15 for priority processing (early-bird applications).
- Submit your tuition fee by June 30 to be considered for the early-bird discount.
- The last date to apply is July 15. Applications received after this will be put on a waitlist.
- The final payment deadline for the full tuition amount is July 30.
Am I eligible?
You must be at least 13 years old by the start of the program. This program is best suited for vocalists.
Where is it located?
The BIX Boot Camp: Vocal Intensive will take place in New Delhi from August 22 through 26, 2018. The exact location and details of the events will be sent to accepted applicants upon receipt of their tuition fees.
Award-winning vocal ensemble Women of the World, plus a guest percussionist, will be conducting all workshops.
Having toured extensively in North America, Europe, and Asia, Women of the World performs music in 32 languages. Their latest album, Live, was deemed eligible for a Grammy nomination, and they were named 2017 International A Cappella champions and 2014 USA National A Cappella champions. All five musicians are graduates of Berklee College of Music and also serve as faculty either on our Boston campus or at various Berklee clinics around the world.
- Annette Philip B.M. '09, India: voice, piano
- Ayumi Ueda, Japan: voice, percussion
- Giorgia Renosto, Italy: voice, ukulele
- Débo Ray, U.S./Haiti: voice, percussion
- Patrick Simard, Canada: drums, percussion, voice
Program Management and Advisors
- Annette Philip B.M. '09 (voice, keyboard): Artistic Director, Berklee India Exchange; Faculty and Founder/Director, Berklee Indian Ensemble
- Rohith Jayaraman B.M. '16 (voice): Assistant Manager, Berklee India Exchange
- Clint Valladares B.M. '98: Managing Director, Berklee India Exchange
This is a tentative schedule and is subject to change.
- Wednesday, August 22: 4:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 23: 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. (full day)
- Friday, August 24: 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. (full day)
- Saturday, August 25: 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. (full day)
- Sunday, August 26: Concert Day with Berklee Clinicians and Participants
Where will I stay?
You will be required to make your own housing arrangements.
How much does it cost?
The early-bird application program tuition is $225 USD (note that this early bird pricing lasts only until June 30). The regular application program tuition is $300 USD.
Payment options will be sent to accepted applicants via email.
When will I know if I’ve been accepted into the program?
The priority application (enrollment and payment) deadline is June 30 at 5:00 p.m. EST. Late applicants may not be guaranteed a spot, but will be put on a waitlist. Application processing takes at least one week, so be sure to apply well in advance.
Applications for this program will be accepted until the venue capacity is reached.
Who may I contact for more information?
For more information, please contact:Office of Global Initiatives Berklee College of Music 1140 Boylston Street, MS-855 GI Boston, MA 02215-3693 U.S.A. Telephone: +1 617-747-2700 or, toll-free, +1 877-BERKLEE (U.S. and Canada) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org