Working as a freelance producer and engineer and a club DJ, Jason Petrin has built a career in the audio world, both in the studio and on the stage. After graduating from Berklee in 2004, he began his career working in studios in and around Boston, producing and engineering records for a variety of bands, artists, and rappers. In 2005, he became one half of the DJ duo Jefr Tale. As part of Jefr Tale, he hosted a weekly radio show on SiruisXM; performed at some of the biggest festivals and venues across North America and Brazil, including the Ultra Music Festival, the Global Dance Festival, and Burning Man; and produced a string of successful original releases. Following up on the success of Jefr Tale, Petrin plunged deeper into electronic production, working with several other DJs and producers, and branching out into hip-hop production and pop songwriting. He continues to split his time evenly between producing, engineering, writing, and performing.
- Member of Jefr Tale, Str!pe, and Stuart Software
- Recordings include Jefr Tale's "500 Miles" and "Start Again"
- Performances at the Ultra Music Festival; the Global Dance Festival at Red Rocks, Colorado; the World Electronic Music Festival; and Burning Man alongside such artists as Skrillex, Diplo, Kid Cudi, and Porter Robinson
- 2013 winner of the Rob Fusari (Lady Gaga, Beyoncé) Producer Challenge
- 2015 first place winner in the USA Songwriting Competition Dance/Electronica Category for the song “Animal Again” (producer and cowriter)
- B.M., Berklee College of Music, music synthesis and music production and engineering