Music and English Intensive Program (MEIP)

Session Dates

Fall 2021: September 7–December 17

Spring 2022: January 18–May 6

About the Program

The Music and English Intensive Program (MEIP) is an English as a second language (ESL) program for performing artists. This program is only available to students provisionally admitted to Berklee College of Music or Boston Conservatory at Berklee.

The MEIP is offered as a six-week session in the summer and a 15-week session in both spring (incoming Berklee College of Music students only) and fall. Students enrolled in the MEIP are evaluated at the end of the session to determine if they demonstrate the necessary English proficiency to enroll in a degree or diploma program for the next semester. Students requiring further training in English at the end of the initial MEIP session will have the option to continue the MEIP in the next term.

Provisional acceptance to Berklee is only valid for up to one year. If a student cannot matriculate within one academic year of their original intended start term, their provisional acceptance expires, and they must reapply and reaudition for future terms.

If you have questions, please email



Students from outside the U.S. who plan to attend the College or Conservatory as a full-time student after completing the MEIP requirements will need to request a Form I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 student visa at the U.S. embassy/consulate that serves their area. Please visit the Berklee visa information page for more information on completing this process.

Tuition and Fees

Check-In and Orientation