Student Success Advising
Your student success advisor provides a holistic, proactive, and personalized advising experience. As your academic advisor, they can help you create an academic plan and select the appropriate courses. They guide you throughout your time at Berklee and ensure that you meet key milestones and stay on track toward timely graduation. Your advisor can also share other resources and services to help you achieve your academic and personal goals.
In addition, your advisor will connect you with your success network for specialty advising for international students, case management, accessibility and accommodations, career services, and more.
Schedule an Appointment
You can schedule an appointment with your assigned student success advisor. Appointments are generally 30 minutes and 15 minutes during registration. Advisors are available for in-person and Zoom appointments.
You can meet with a student success advisor during a 10-minute drop-in session to discuss quick academic topics. An advisor is available on a first-come, first-served basis during our daily drop-in hours.
We can help you with the following topics (login required):
- Understanding your first-semester schedule, and how to deal with placeholders
- Taking the right steps in your first semester to stay on track
- Understanding major grids and creating your academic plan
- Choosing a major and minor that's right for you, and the process to declare
- How to plan your course schedule and register
- How to graduate on time
- Academic concerns or difficulties (such as considering a course withdrawal or failure to meet satisfactory academic progress)
- Cost-saving ways to earn credits
- Strategies such as time management, academic planning, organization, and self-advocacy
For academic topics and questions that are specific to a major, we recommend contacting the department for your major. You can find their contact information by selecting your department.
Student success advising is a collaborative relationship between you and your academic advisor that fosters success at Berklee and in life.
We are a resource to help ensure your academic success during your time at Berklee. As higher education professionals, we pride ourselves on seeing you succeed at Berklee and beyond. Our goal is to support you as you strive to complete your academic goals by providing advising sessions, drop-ins, workshops, and much more. To accomplish our mission, we work as a team to make sure students are seen, heard, and supported.