Master of Business Administration in Music Business
Duration: At Your Own Pace; as Few as 15 Months
Created through a partnership between Berklee and Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), the online Master of Business Administration in music business is built around a traditional M.B.A. curriculum complemented by business courses that are specific to the music industry.
The program provides the tools and knowledge critical to a thriving music career, and is designed from the perspective of a music industry professional. You’ll get the foundational business acumen provided by an M.B.A. paired with a specialized education in music business.
This online M.B.A. is the first and only one of its kind in the U.S. Nine core courses at SNHU instill the solid business education students need to succeed, while four courses from Berklee Online bring the knowledge and skills needed specifically for the music industry. An innovative, high-quality music business degree, it's also one of the most affordable M.B.A.'s in the nation and can be completed in just over a year.
Apply at Southern New Hampshire University’s website, or learn more.
The application process involves completing an SNHU graduate application and providing undergraduate transcripts. Candidates must also submit an acknowledgement form and professional resume. Admission into the program does not require the GMAT or GRE.
Acceptance decisions are made by SNHU on a rolling basis throughout the year for the university's five graduate terms. You can apply at any time and get a decision within days of submitting all required materials.
The MBA in music business offered by SNHU and Berklee Online provides students with traditional and relevant business skills such as accounting, finance, project management, IT, and quantitative analysis with course work that then applies directly to the music industry. This is a best-of-both-worlds online music business degree, built for an industry that's constantly redefining itself.
Executives, artists, managers, record label employees, entrepreneurs, and others will benefit from the program's focus on:
- Ethical music business leadership
- Music business strategy
- Music promotion and marketing
- Financial analysis applied to talent, music enterprise, and distribution
The online MBA in music business will help prepare students for a variety of careers in the music industry, including:
- Music publisher
- Music marketing professional
- Music supervisor
- Booking agent
- Music distributor
- Artist relations representative
- Artist manager
- Copyright administrator
- Tour manager
- Instrument distributor
- Concert promoter
- PR and promoter
Visit the SNHU website for more detailed information on degree requirements and course descriptions.
Berklee Online Music Business Courses
- BMB 515: Music Business Structure and Strategies
- BMB 630: Music Marketing Strategies
- BMB 655: Music Business Finance
- BMB 670: Music Business Leadership and Ethics
SNHU MBA Courses
- MBA 515: Business Environment, Innovations, and Entrepreneurship
- MBA 520: Accounting and Financial Analysis
- MBA 550: Leading in an Organization
- MBA 560: Marketing and Strategy
- MBA 635: Ethics, Corporate Culture, and Social Responsibility
- MBA 640: Finance, Economics, and Decision-Making
- MBA 665: Government Impact on Business
- MBA 690: Operations Management and Technology
- MBA 705: MBA Capstone