Bora Uslusoy is a producer, engineer, songwriter, recording artist, and the founder of bUMA RecordZ. Originally from Istanbul, he is currently based in the Greater Boston area. He has worked with Larry Watson, Lucas Bun, Kalelio, Tom Appleman, Pete Langman, Mick Morena, Phil Hilborne, Bryan McLellan, Mel Gabbitas, ARTIDOKSAN, and Aqua Talk, among others. He has also released two solo albums, Umutsuz Aşk and Muska (film soundtrack), and two singles.
Uslusoy studied guitar at Musicians Institute London and completed Berklee Online's Studio Production Specialist certificate program. He attended Avid’s Train the Trainer program, leading to him becoming certified as an Avid Pro Tools instructor. He is also certified as a Steinberg trainer for Cubase. Uslusoy has published five instructional books on guitar and bass in Turkish, created online courses, and has written magazine articles, product reviews, and how-to guides.
- Instruments include guitar, bass, and voice
- Numerous live performances and multiple studio recordings as a solo artist
- Owner, producer, and engineer at bUMA RecordZ
- Founding director of Modern Müzik Akademisi–Istanbul (2005–2012)
- Author of the five most popular guitar instruction books in Turkey, with 19 printings in total and sales of over 20,000 copies
- Avid-certified Pro Tools instructor
- Steinberg-certified Cubase trainer
- Gold Award, Musicians Institute London: Guitar Institute of Technology (GIT)
- M.A., Beykent University, Media and Communication Systems
- B.A., Istanbul University, Business Administration
"I would love my students to enjoy my classes as much as I do while I teach because producing music is the most fulfilling activity. It's incredible how we can now craft our art by mixing acoustic and electronic instruments with all the other sounds in the universe, all by ourselves or collaborating with others, whether they are sitting next to us or on the other end of the world."
"I've worn many hats professionally, and I still do. A guitar player, singer, bassist, songwriter, bandleader, arranger, composer, recording engineer, mixer, producer, label owner, music teacher, mentor, school director, and entrepreneur; all of that makes me a holistic thinker. I am happy to share all the knowledge and experience I have gained through the years."