- Instruments include bass, piano, voice, drums, and guitar
- Leader, the Tom Appleman Band (vocals, bass, piano)
- Member, Flipside and B11 (bass)
- Performances with Kid Rock and Robbie Kriegger (guitarist, the Doors)
- Recordings include (as Tom Appleman) Big Flirt, Graffiti, and Tappleman; (as B11) B11, Vitamin for the Soul, and Surf My Spy
- Appeared at Disneyland, on Carnival Cruiselines, with the Big Apple Circus, and with numerous musical theater productions
- Voted Boston’s best bass player by Soundcheck Magazine (Vol. VII, 1996)
- B.M., Berklee College of Music, performance
"I want students to come away inspired, worked out, and confident. I want them to understand what they're playing and how they can utilize their music vocabulary inside a series of musical situations, how certain grooves and note selections can be repeated in different situations."
"I am always performing with different groups, so I am always learning song forms, licks, and backup vocals. I want the students to learn songs efficiently and accurately without having to write them down. The ability to memorize songs quickly and efficiently is a big part of my profession, and I want my students to take on the same traits."