BPMI Live is a one-year program (fall, spring, and summer) that provides practical access to high levels of the music industry with a focus on the thriving concert festival circuit. Students will learn how to navigate careers in the ever-changing music industry as they hone their skills in communication, marketing, promotion, and live music. Curriculum activities are designed in collaboration with today's top industry figures to reflect contemporary trends and practices in the music industry.
BPMI Live students will:
- find and develop artists,
- budget a tour,
- book and promote concerts,
- place festival holds,
- design merchandise,
- develop press releases,
- build and maintain all social media platforms, and much more.
The capstone of the curriculum includes opportunities for students to participate at prestigious festivals and industry conferences. Students will be required to travel to festivals such as Lollapalooza, Osheaga, the Governors Ball, and Music Midtown, where they will act as artist managers, production and tour managers, and artist media representatives. Students may also attend and work at some of the largest live music industry events such as the Billboard Live Music Summit and the Pollstar Live! conference.
BPMI Live Goals:
- Send students to attend and work with festivals such as Lollapalooza, Osheaga, Music Midtown, and more.
- Pair music business students with artists as they put into practice what they’ve learned at Berklee, from contracts and branding to the craft of performance and recording.
- Position music business students to work alongside today's top music industry professionals, so they can step off the festival stage knowing they have what it takes to pursue a career in music.
- Provide students with networking opportunities at some of the industry's most notable events, such as the Pollstar Live! conference.
Watch a short teaser of clips from past BPMI Live festival performances: