Yukihiro Carmichael holds three aliases: producer (Yuki Kanesaka), multi-instrumentalist (monolog), and remixer/DJ (U-KEY). He works on a wide range of musical activities including film and TV scoring, advertising, dance remixes, and choreography. He has been running his own music production studio in Boston for 14 years.
- Performing and touring experience with De La Soul, Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), CeeLo Green, George Duke, and Mark O’Connor
- Vocal direction, recording, and mixing for Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix, 2020)
- Soundtrack production/composing for Dr. Stone (Adult Swim, Netflix, 2019) and On the Block (Netflix original series, 2018)
- Advertisement music production for Tiffany & Co. Paloma Picasso campaign (2018)
- Recording and mixing for Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix, 2016)
- Produced the compilation album Sparkling POP Disney (2013) and remixed “Deep into Sunshine” featuring N'Dea Davenport of the Brand New Heavies (2012)
- Produced and performed "Remind Me" by monolog featuring Patrice Rushen (2013)
- Remix production for Bootsy Collins, Lisa Ono, Chaka Khan, T-Connection, and KRS-One
- Additional credits include Nickelodeon, NEC (computer/electronics company), Mercedes Benz, Kosé, Nestle, Reveur, and DAIKIN
- Recording engineer for Tavares and Keisuke Wakao and Emanuel Ax of the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- International DJ experience in L.A., New York, Berlin, London, Paris, Johannesburg, and Tokyo
- U.K. Soul Chart no. 1: "Tribal" by Golden Bridge (2017)
- Bandcamp bestseller: “Boy Toy” by Honey Sauce Band (2017)
- iTunes jazz album chart no. 1 (Japan): "One Day" by monolog (2015)
- iTunes jazz album chart no. 1 (Japan): Sweet Swing for Hershey's compilation (2011)
- Dance Track Digital Chart no. 1 (Germany): Darrius Rashaud "It's Going Down," U-Key Remix (2006)
- The Source Youth Music Foundation national rap music competition winner (2003)
- P.D.M., Berklee College of Music
"Trends continue to evolve with new generations and technologies. Meanwhile, there are some musical formats and formulas that have stood the test of time. In a conservative view, it is easy to dismiss them. However, seeking potential in the existing musical climate can be a creative and stimulating process. As a groove researcher I’ve cultivated many types of rhythms, groove, and sounds through my experience traveling globally. I’d like to share these experiences with our diverse group of students so we can all understand and enjoy this universal language of music."
"Most engineering and production techniques can be learned from books or from YouTube. However, I believe originality is rooted from real-life experience and through physical learnings in school. My goal is to support our diverse group of students from various cultural backgrounds as they develop their originality and become independent artists. There is opportunity for a lifetime of learning when it comes to music, and I feel that I am also a student. In the music scene today backed by our world of capitalism, immediate and tangible results are always in demand. Even in this climate, I’d like to make sure that we all remember why we fell in love with music in the first place. I’d like to teach how we can remain an objective listener, stay professional in the field, and continue to devote our love to music."