- Taught undergraduate courses in English and creative writing with the University of Massachusetts, Boston and Northeastern University
- Led high school workshops and courses with 826 Boston and Upward Bound
- Recipient of national and international literary publications and honors
- M.F.A., University of Massachusetts, Boston
- B.A., University of Massachusetts, Amherst
"My goal as a teacher has always been to create an active and conscientious classroom, rooted in the three ideas of honesty, open-mindedness, and inspiration. I have always believed art is in the business of empathy—how can we as individuals analyze, quantify, or preserve the human condition if we are not always appealing to the humanness of ourselves and others? Whether through writing, music, theater, or any other creative pursuit in between, it's my goal to have students be proud of their experience and perspective."
"We are all learning from each other. The ideas that come from the books we read, the theories we analyze, or the poems we write are not reserved only for the English classroom. Together we strive to see how our discoveries can influence what we take to every place we touch and every person we meet."