Ayeisha Dennise Mathis is a Boston native born into a musical family who exposed her to various instruments such as keys and guitar. At the tender age of 5 she fell in love with drums and percussion. Throughout her youth, her musical talents were nurtured and matured through playing at church. She quickly rose to become Boston’s sought after female drummer showing extraordinary talent and a promising future in music. Before the age of 18, Mathis shared the worldwide stage with renowned artists and musicians such as Sheila E., Kurt Carr, Hugh Masekela, John Blackwell, Dennis Chambers, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dawaun Parker, and many others. She is the first recipient of the prestigious Berklee College of Music presidential scholarship, graduating in 2009 with dual degrees in Music Production and Engineering and Music Business/Management. Mathis has made the Berklee community proud, affectionately recognized as one of Berklee’s notable alumni, she lives up to that recognition.
Mathis is making a lasting impact on her local community. She is the Founder and CEO of Sound Doctrine Company, whose core business function is to support up and coming artists through music production, artist development, and education. She volunteers her time and talents for local clinics and masters classes for the City of Boston, Berklee College of Music, and many other community centers and music programs. In addition, she mentors numerous youth in and around the Boston area. She is the former music program director at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Dorchester and former team leader for the Music and Youth Initiative.
- Performance with Sheila E., John Blackwell, Dennis Chambers, among others
- First Berklee College of Music Presidential Scholar
- Endorsements include, Zildjian Cymbals and Vater Percussion Inc.
- City of Boston Certifcate of Recognition and Official Resolution for Youth and Community Work
- United States House of Representatives Certifcate of Recognition and Official Resolution for Youth and Community Work
- Boys & Girls Clubs of American Merit Award for Program Excellence
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary Scholastic Achievement
- M.A., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, Urban Ministry Leadership (Concentration on Children, Youth, and Families)
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
"I want students to come away from my classes being inspired and empowered to be their best artistic self."
"I had great mentors in my life at a very young age, many were from the Berklee community. I believe this helped me become who I am and achieve what I have... I want to be this for someone else. So this is the approach I take to teaching: mentorship, empowerment, and accountability."