- Leader of LSQ (the Lauren Sevian Quartet)
- Coleader of LSAT (Lauren Sevian and Alexa Tarantino) and Lioness
- Member of the Mingus Big Band and Adelitas
- Recordings as a leader include Bliss with LSQ (2018), Blueprint with LSQ (2008), and Pride and Joy with Lioness (2019)
- Recipient of the Jazz Journalists Award for Baritone Saxophonist of the Year in 2020
- Recipient of the DownBeat Critics Poll Rising Star Baritone Saxophone award in 2019
- Recipient of the Hothouse Jazz Award Baritone Saxophonist of the Year in 2019
- Winner of the Made in New York jazz competition in 2018 (with LSAT)
- Grammy Award winner with the Mingus Big Band for Live at the Jazz Standard in 2011
- B.M., Manhattan School of Music
"I want each student to feel inspired and curious about music. I will provide them with the knowledge that was passed down to me in order to create a strong foundation, which will enable them to tell their story. Sound, feeling, and rhythm should always come first. The material that I share with my students is similar to what has been passed down to me. I try to instill a sense of respect when it comes to playing this music. Respect the music, respect yourself, and respect others."
My experience performing in a variety of musical situations has provided me with the ability to be flexible and adapt. You can try to plan everything out, but sometimes things may move off course. How do you adjust and move forward? Patience is always the key. If you remain patient, practice things slowly, accurately, and are strategic, you will have a greater payoff than if you practice things fast and sloppy."