- Board of Trustees member, Berkshire Choral International
- Recordings include Quartet (2010), The Way that I Feel (2009, Esther Records), and Clearing My Head (2002, Esther Records)
- Guest vocalist on the Acker Brothers "Santa's Got a Brand New Bag"
- Leader of the Jes Perry Band
- Extensive private teaching experience
- Vocalist and acoustic and rhythm guitarist
- Berklee College of Music Professional Education Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence
- B.F.A., University of Connecticut
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
- M.Ed., Cambridge College
"In the classroom, I focus on being a guide through the material that we're learning. It's not about me or my experiences, it's about the students and the subject that we're focusing on. Most often students already have an idea about what's being discussed; it's my job to support them as they fully realize those ideas and then apply that knowledge to their own careers going forward."
"I want students to leave my classes feeling confident in their abilities, and with the knowledge they need to be successful in whatever avenue they pursue."
"The programs and classes at Berklee provide such an incredible foundation and breadth of information—it's not just about learning the material, it's also about practical applications once the information has been obtained. Our students have an incredible advantage over students in other music programs I've seen or been a part of because while we do provide the students with an amazing music education, so much of what we teach, especially in the Professional Music Department, is what to do with that education in the real world... how do you get a job doing what you love, how can you support yourself as a working musician while you're pursuing whatever your dream might be."
"Berklee is such a diverse musical environment that it can be a wealth of riches and sometimes overwhelming. I try to remind our students that it's not just about the end goal, but also about the enjoyment and discovery along the way. Being open minded, inviting in experiences, being brave in the face of change, and being willing to change your course—all of these lessons help encourage and support our students as they face challenges and embrace professional life and all the varied and exciting opportunities that are available."