The Ensemble Department offers the largest selection of ensemble opportunities of any college in the world.
Designed to hone your essential performance skills and techniques, ensembles are offered in a wide variety of genres, styles, sizes, and configurations.
Your first ensemble experience occurs during your first semester at Berklee and placement is based upon auditions held during your initial week at the college.
A Small Sampling of Ensembles
The list below represents just a few of the more than 350 ensembles in rehearsal throughout the year at Berklee.
- African Dance Ensemble
- Afro-Pop Ensemble
- Balkan Choir
- Bebop Ensemble
- Bluegrass Ensemble
- Contemporary Middle Eastern Music
- Contemporary South American Folkloric Music
- Electronic Improvisation Ensemble
- Funk Ensemble
- Hip-Hop Ensemble
- Indian Music Ensemble
- Latin Pop Ensemble
- Musical Theater Orchestra/Ensemble
- The Music of Herbie Hancock
- The Music of Joni Mitchell
- Pop Icons: The Music of Michael Jackson, Prince, and Whitney Houston
- Rainbow Big Band Ensemble
- Reggae Dub Ensemble
- Rock Jam Band
- Yellowjackets Ensemble
Watch students in Berklee's Dwele Ensemble perform together: