Each Berklee graduate program has specific entrance requirements and supporting materials that you will need to submit in the applicant portal.
Review the entrance requirements and supporting materials for the campus at which your program takes place:
- Berklee College of Music, Boston campus
- Berklee NYC's Master of Arts in creative media and technology: supporting materials
- Berklee Valencia's graduate programs: supporting materials
- Boston Conservatory at Berklee's graduate programs: supporting materials
- Berklee Online's graduate programs: supporting materials
All graduate applicants are required to have the following:
Proof of Bachelor's Degree
All graduate applicants are required to have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, conservatory, or university, and must submit official transcripts from their undergraduate degree. Please do not submit transcripts from high school.
For applicants who attended university outside the U.S. or Canada:
- Transcripts from institutions outside the U.S. or Canada must be submitted via a credential evaluation service, such as SpanTran or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). Please request a course-by-course evaluation, and ask to send the report to Berklee College of Music.
- If you have not yet finished your degree, you must submit a credential evaluation report of all your courses/marks received so far. If you are admitted, you will be required to submit proof of graduation from your college/university before attending Berklee.
- Any applicant who is enrolled in or has graduated from an international baccalaureate (IB) diploma school with an IB diploma is exempt from submitting documents through a credential evaluator.
We accept transcripts electronically through Parchment. Please select "Berklee College" to deliver your transcripts. If you are concerned about submitting your materials via Parchment or email, please contact us for guidance.
- Berklee College of Music, Boston campus: email@example.com
- Berklee College of Music, New York City campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Berklee College of Music, Valencia, Spain campus: email@example.com
- Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Boston campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Berklee Online: email@example.com
All master's degree program participants on the Boston and New York City campuses need a visa unless they are a citizen or legal resident of the United States. Learn about obtaining a student visa to study on the Boston or New York campuses.
All master’s degree program participants on the Valencia, Spain, campus need a visa unless they are a citizen or legal resident of the European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland, or Switzerland. Learn about obtaining a student visa to study at the Valencia campus.
English Language Requirement
If English is your second language and your undergraduate degree was earned at an institution where the language of instruction was not English, you will need to submit the results of one of the following standardized tests.
TOEFL*: iBT (internet-based)
We recommend a TOEFL iBT score of 100 or higher, an IELTS score of 7.5 or higher, a Pearson Test of English Academic score of 73, or a Duolingo score of 120 or higher. To send exam scores, you may be asked for a code that represents Berklee College of Music. The institution code for Berklee is 3107.
*Please note that Duolingo is currently available for programs at the Boston campus only. Duolingo is not available for students applying to graduate programs in Valencia, Spain.
You will be prompted to upload supporting materials through the online application portal. All materials must be written in English. Example supporting materials include items such as a résumé, letter of recommendation, and a portfolio.