If you have already been accepted to Berklee's Boston campus for the spring, summer, or fall, then there are a number of things that you need to do prior to check-in. This section of the site is designed to help you make a smooth transition.
Paying Your Tuition Deposit
Tuition deposits for Berklee College of Music are due upon acceptance notification. This initial deposit is credited towards your first semester bill. This deposit confirms your intention to attend the college and secures your seat in the entering class.
Make sure that your $1,000 deposit is paid in full no later than the following dates:
- Fall semester: May 1
- Spring semester: October 15
- Summer semester: April 1
Your acceptance is dependent on successful completion of any outstanding schoolwork. Admission acceptances are only valid for two consecutive semesters. Should your plans change, you must submit a written request to refund or transfer your tuition deposit to a later semester.
Admitted students to our full-time undergraduate programs are eligible to defer their admission and associated scholarship, as indicated below:
- Students admitted to the fall (September) semester may defer their admission to either the spring (January) or summer (May) semester.
- Students admitted to the spring (January) semester may defer to the summer (May) semester.
- Students admitted to the summer (May) semester may defer to the spring (January) semester.
Your refund or transfer request must be received by the college no later than:
- Fall (September) semester: May 1
- Spring (January) semester: October 15
- Summer (May) semester: April 1
Please note that if you are accepted to the First Year Abroad program, your acceptance to start on the Valencia campus is valid only for the semester that you were accepted. If you decide to defer your acceptance, your only option is to enroll on the Boston campus.
International students are required to obtain an F-1 student visa prior to commencing their study in the U.S. Learn more about international visas.