Meeting with an academic advisor gives you the opportunity to learn more about the resources and possibilities available to you as a Berklee student. Advisors are also available to discuss academic struggles and help you come up with solutions.
Schedule an Appointment
You can schedule an appointment with your assigned academic advisor. Appointments are generally 30 minutes and either 15 or 30 minutes during registration. All appointments are currently being held via Zoom.
Academic Advising Drop-Ins
You can meet with an academic advisor during a 10-minute drop-in session to discuss quick academic topics. An academic advisor is available on a first-come, first-served basis during our daily drop-in hours.
We can help you with the following topics (login required):
- Understanding your first-semester schedule, and how to deal with placeholders
- Taking the right steps in your first semester to stay on track
- Understanding major grids and creating your academic plan
- Choosing a major and minor that's right for you, and the process to declare
- How to plan your course schedule and register
- How to graduate on time
- Academic concerns or difficulties (such as considering a course withdrawal or failure to meet satisfactory academic progress)
- Cost-saving ways to earn credits
- Strategies such as time management, academic planning, organization, and self-advocacy
For academic topics and questions that are specific to a major, we recommend contacting the department for your major. You can find their contact information by selecting your department.
Academic advising is a collaborative relationship between you and your academic advisor that fosters success at Berklee and in life.
We are a resource to help ensure your academic success during your time at Berklee. As higher education professionals, we pride ourselves on seeing you succeed at Berklee and beyond. Our goal is to support you as you strive to complete your academic goals by providing advising sessions, drop-ins, workshops, and much more. To accomplish our mission, we work as a team to make sure students are seen, heard, and supported.