Please see the events listing for upcoming events.
The music industry is not alone in facing the social challenges of our time. Music industry leaders—and leaders from the creative industries overall—should be ready to address prejudice and structural injustices. They also have to design and implement a growth mindset that delivers a virtuous circle of productivity and commitment to the organization.
If done correctly, ethical leadership creates a diverse, innovative, and inclusive organizational culture that inspires change, growth, and productivity. The music industry faces additional challenges due to the existence of unorthodox working environments and practices.
In this session, we will address how these approaches apply to creative environments and stakeholders, beyond the traditional obligations on both sides of the employer/employee construct, such as artists or contractors. These topics will be addressed in addition to the classic leadership dilemmas of formulating and executing commercial strategies for success and hitting key performance indicators. We also will take a close look at the case of Spotify for artists.
You will learn how to
- develop a vision for articulating the purpose of a business or team
- improve team structures with an eye towards how reporting lines and internal communications strategies impact culture and commitment
- understand the growth mindset that comes from ethical leadership and its impact on the organization and its people
- learn how human-centered leadership is the key to a diverse and inclusive work environment and how it fosters a positive and healthy culture of inclusivity
- discover practical tools for leadership, to reinforce culture and show that leaders walk the walk, rather than just talk the talk
This webinar is recommended for managers in a creative industry, industry professionals and artists, and students preparing to be tomorrow’s industry leaders. No prior knowledge is required.
Paul Pacifico is an instructor at Berklee’s campus in Valencia, Spain, and CEO of the Association of Independent Music. He teaches the Artist as a Startup course, teaching artists how to promote, distribute, and monetize the product of their creation by providing them fundamental business skills to foster their own careers.