Join our community of musicians, creatives, and innovators to improve your musical skills this summer. Successful completion of the summer semester will guarantee your acceptance as a second semester full-time undergraduate student on the Boston campus in the fall. You must meet the following minimum requirements in order to successfully complete the program and be considered by the Board of Admissions for full admission:
- Obtain a 2.7 cumulative grade point average or higher.
- Complete all classes with a minimum grade of B- in each course.
- Have no withdrawals or incomplete course work.
- Receive positive feedback from faculty regarding class attendance and participation.
2021 Summer Program Information
|Program length||12 weeks|
|Program dates||May 23–August 18|
|Tuition and fees||Payment due May 5|
|Housing*||Application due May 5|
*On-campus housing for summer is first-come, first-served.
Engaging Course Work
During the summer, your classes will include the following:
- Performance core courses, including:
- Private instruction (two credits)
- Ensemble (one credit)
- Contemporary music core courses with studies in:
- Ear training (two credits)
- Harmony and arranging (three–four credits, depending on placement)
- Integrated music technology (two credits)
Next Steps for Summer Enrollment
Before you get started, there are a number of important action items listed on the Accepted Students: Next Steps for Enrollment page. Completing these tasks before the semester begins is important in ensuring you have a smooth start to the semester.
Visit the Accepted Students page to review information and deadlines for the following:
- Indicating your modality selection
- Paying your bill
- Entering Student Placement exams
- Reviewing your financial aid
- Reviewing important health insurance information
- Submitting transcripts
- Ordering your laptop and technology bundle
- Registering for orientation
Contact your enrollment officer at email@example.com if you have any questions.